Digitarium® Theta Digital Planetarium System
The Digitarium® Theta model is a digital planetarium system designed for use in portable domes.
The new Digitarium Theta is our highest resolution portable planetarium system, designed to be easy to transport, set up, and teach with. It projects high contrast 2160 pixel diameter imagery over a full dome with no blind spots or cut-outs. It is the culmination of years of development effort, with our own innovative proprietary lens design.
The Digitarium Theta uses a laser-phosphor projector with an incredible expected lifetime of 20,000 hours.
The Digitarium Theta also offers quick set up, intuitive user interfaces, excellent projection quality, and a wealth of other features. Digitalis sells inflatable domes in several diameters for a complete portable solution.
Choose from a lower cost Basic option or much more powerful Professional software package. See specifications below for details.
See also Digitarium general specifications.
|Maximum Dome Diameter
||7m / 23 ft|
|Field of view
||180 degrees (full sky)
|Pixels per degree of sky
|Angle of Projection
|Base Projector Brightness
||Nominal: up to 2,000,000:1|
||Laser-phosphor. 20,000 on high brightness.
|User Interfaces Included
|Software||Nightshade NG Basic (more limited features)||Nightshade NG Professional
||Stereo with integral speakers; stereo with external user supplied speakers.|
||100-240 VAC, 50-60 Hz, 740W|
FCC Class B, CE, RoHS compliant.
Class 1 laser product.
System: 20.5 x 21.0 x 11.5 inches (52.1 x 53.3 x 29.2 cm)
Transit case: 34.0 x 29.0 x 17.0 inches (86.4 x 73.7 x 43.2 cm)
System: 42 lbs. (19.1 kg)
Transit case: 39 lbs. (17.7 kg)
Total: 81 lbs. (36.8 kg)
The transit case has built in wheels and extendable handle for easy transport on flat surfaces.
||Basic: $33,725||Professional: $56,165|
Please use our purchase page for ordering instructions.Purchase price includes:
- One Digitarium Theta Portable planetarium system with set of two Digitarium remote controls (one spare).
- Rugged wheeled transit case.
- Heavy duty surge suppressor with 25-foot cord (120 VAC countries only).
- DLP projector remote control.
- Wireless gamepad control.
- Comprehensive and easy to use set of user manuals.
- Set of lesson plans for use with elementary through high school students.
- Complete set of PASS™ Curricula for Digitarium Systems. Includes Augmented Lessons ideal for use with our Universal Console interface.
- 2 TB portable hard drive with companion media for lesson plans, over 3 GB of royalty-free music, and over two dozen fulldome video shows.
- Three year limited warranty (Three year limited warranty on the projection component from Optoma.)
- Free technical support and automated software updates for the life of your system.
- Complete system rescue disk on solid state drive in case of emergency.
- Lens cleaning kit.
- Exclusive Digitalis Child-Safe LED Light Pointer.
- Exclusive Digitarium red lighted pen for writing in the dark.
- Free membership in our Digitarium user community website.
- Prepaid calendar-year individual membership in the International Planetarium Society.
Please note: these prices do not include a dome, a necessary requirement for system use. Purchase a Digitalis dome with your system and receive a $1,000 package discount.